Sunday, May 20, 2007

How I spent my weekend

When I write I stop and check things all the time. I confuse myself, often over simple things, since I got meningitis so I stop and look things up. Sometimes it's as simple as a word, is this a real word? Does it mean what I think it does? And sometimes it's something bigger like today Kitta wakes up from a fever to find the Prince has cut off all her hair, theoretically because she had a fever but something else may come of it, I'm not sure yet. So did people really cut off your hair when you had a fever? I'm almost sure you did but I stopped and looked it up, which was really hard as my first search strings brought up blogs about people who needed haircuts and were sick with fever (perhaps proving you should cut your hair if you have a fever? Or the reverse? If you don't cut your hair you'll get a fever?)

Here are some of the links I looked at over the last two days. I'm also idly researching shipwrecks for a story I might write.

Slaughterhouse Studios blog (to see if Lisa Snellings Clark would be at Balticon - I'm horribly behind on reading her blog, writing 200,000 words in six months can do that to you)

The Great Panjandrum Himself (courtesy of Neil via Lisa)

These two go together:

A wikipedia article about Irish evil
.

A dinosaur comic.

The Americans with Disabilities Act.

The Conet Project - a page about numbers stations with creepy recordings.

A site to help you track fitness progress.

The local AFTRA SAG office. We've got a meeting tomorrow I should attend.

Script Frenzy - brought to you by NaNoWriMo - can I write a 20,000 word script in June as well as write 30,000 words of Kitta and my weekly column? Is it insane to even think about doing this?

How to make a ginger tisane.

The Eclectic Practice of Medicine - Scarlet Fever.

Text of an interview with Juergen Bassfreund, a young Jewish man who was at both Auschwitz and Dachau. Part of a project called Voices of the Holocaust.

Africans in America Part Three Benjamin Rush - I read quite a few sites about this founding father, extremely interesting.

Horrible page about the history of medicine in parts of America - whoever wrote this has some basic misunderstandings like he or she doesn't even get the simple fact that science used to be called philosophy so of course a doctor would also be a professor of philosophy.

Analysis of Beethoven's hair.

The Morro Castle.

More Morro Castle - I actually read about twenty pages about this ship as well as a few more. It's a horrible story.

SS Morro Castle.

The Vestris
- holy crap - this is a shocking story.

So end result of all this reading? I'm depressed.

1 Comments:

At 5:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you totally rock!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home