Thursday, August 02, 2007

Summerland

I'm reading Michael Chabon's Summerland. I was partway through and gave it to Cullen because he had nothing to read. He said it was good but derivative. It is, in the sense that you kind of have read bits of pieces of it in other stories and of course there's a great big chunk of mythology holding the whole thing up. It's compelling enough that I wish I had more time to read it but I've been swamped at work and we had two doctor appointments this week so again just madly busy.

But it's more than that, my brain is very tired and I'm extra dizzy. I'm having trouble walking in a straight line, which brings me quite a few scornful looks when I'm out in public. Of course I don't have a shirt that says don't worry, I'm not drunk, I'm just got neurological impairments, so I put up with the stares and pointing fingers. My favorite is when I can't turn right when I'm walking and finally manage to go in this weird pattern to my car, get in and drive away. I bet that inspires OODLES of confidence in the driving public. They don't know it's a walking thing, not a driving thing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home