Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Mirable and Clemma

I was extremely annoyed the other day when I used the social security database to look up the most popular names. Names I thought were too old fashioned to be popular are now the most popular, which is very counterintuitive to me.

Naming my characters is either a breeze or torture. For this new November project I have two female leads, teenage girls, who need some unusual names. I was thinking of calling one Mirrabelle but then thought I would go with Mirable, which has the power of miracle behind it and has a very positive meaning but I wasn't sure about the other girl. But I was looking at a site that had a list of names that could be made from just the letters of the word Miracle and found Clemma, a name that is so obsolete that the site says:

Popularity of the name Clemma for Girls
First Year in the Top 1000: 1887
Last Year in the Top 1000: 1887
Average Age: 120.00
Highest Percentage: 0.005% in 1887
Best Rank: #964 (in 1887)
Represented in the Top 1000 names in: 1 of 127 years (0.79%)
Total* Female Population in Top 1000: 7


Average age 120! Boom! Perfection. Now I just need one more name.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home