Friday, February 15, 2008

What I did during the strike

From an article in the LA Times

I began the strike with lofty plans to write a novel, which soon turned into a novella, which then turned into 13 solid weeks of playing "Guitar Hero III" in my underpants.


Oddly I actually managed to write most of a novel during the strike. I'm at about 84,000 words of what will be a billion if I'm not careful. I already realized I'd written more than forty pages of a completely new storyline, including a brand new character who is part fish/part girl with shark teeth. I had to go back and start again but it's still going on longer than it should. I still have all this aftermath to talk about. Maybe I'll finish it by my birthday at the end of March. I'm writing 500 words a day these days, about half of my goal for most of last year but I'm also trying to concentrate on getting caught up on a bunch of stuff I've let slide, like getting the car through emissions testing. Blah. Maybe I'll pick up the pace again later, although with my column and a few other things I'm still writing about a thousand words a day.

Then maybe I'll learn Guitar Hero III.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home