Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Big storm tonight

We're getting hit by very heavy rains and hail. I'm hoping the power doesn't go out and I'm glad we're all in for the night.

Here's an interesting article about Samit Basu, an Indian science fiction/fantasy writer who is going to turn some of Terry Gilliam's projects into comics. Here's my favorite part:

What is the most annoying question journalists ask you?

"What's your book's USP?" I mostly just splutter in reply. It's also amusing when people challenge me to say something that will convince them to read SFF. It's done in the campus-interview style -- "Sell yourself (and your genre) to me". The only answer I can possibly give is, "If you don't want to read fantasy, don't read it. I have no problem with that."


Ha!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home