Saturday, March 22, 2008

Stay - what was that?

We watched a movie called Stay yesterday that I found utterly baffling. It didn't help that I missed the first few minutes (although I hear that's good because there was a pretty nasty car accident, something I don't want to see.)

It stars Ryan Gosling and Ewan MacGregor (whose name I may not know how to spell) and was a sort of psychological thriller thing where a school shrink is trying to stop a student's planned suicide.

Except it wasn't. According to this article the whole thing is a sort of a dream, set between heaven and hell, not really designed to make sense.

I thought it was a mystery and tried to figure out the increasingly odd clues but instead I should have forgotten about logic, plot or continuity and settled down to enjoy the acting, which is quite good. Ryan Gosling is especially worth watching. This is only the second project of his I've seen but he was terrific in both of them.

Then I watched 300, which is extremely amusing, although perhaps not intentionally. The best thing about it is that it will be quite hard to have a sequel.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home