Saturday, April 05, 2008

Google's master plan

As promised a brief post about Google. As I said in this blog post last year, I've got this theory that the Google lads are using Heinlein's novella The Man Who Sold the Moon as a template for their business plan.

So I was dead chuffed when I logged into Google on April first and saw their annual joke project Virgle. http://www.google.com/virgle/index.html

And I quote:

Earth has issues, and it's time humanity got started on a Plan B. So, starting in 2014, Virgin founder Richard Branson and Google co-founders Larry Page and Sergey Brin will be leading hundreds of users on one of the grandest adventures in human history: Project Virgle, the first permanent human colony on Mars.


Oh sure, it's a joke, but isn't that the best way to present a mad undertaking? We'll see where we stand in another generation. Possibly sooner.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home