Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Into the frenzy


Don't expect much in the way of posts for a bit. I picked up another weekly column, which is sort of not a column, it's the Smorgasbord that runs below Quality Time in the BrokerUniverse newsletter, and it's taking more time than I thought it would.

Script Frenzy moved up to April, from June, and I'm going to give it a shot. I've got a little over five pages of this thing about a little boy who wants to buy his mom the perfect Mother's Day present but confuses the words chimenea and chimera. Throw in one of those shops that vanishes when you try to go back again and there's bound to be some trouble.

So I reckon between the book (part three of Kitta, working title One Ring to Annoy Them All), the script, the two columns, the day job and the family I might not have much spare time for a little while.

Oh and SAG is having a costume gala event to celebrate our 75th anniversary so I've got that to think about. That's in June I think.

I probably shouldn't be taking part in Script Frenzy but I love writing scripts. They're so much fun. And easy, hoo boy, are they ever. I see my scenes in my head as I write anyway so putting them down in a visual media is natural for me. I also like writing in the present tense and I tend to be spare with description anyway (I've written entire books and never told anyone what the protagonist looks like) so I love it when I can pretty much skip it.

But don't worry I shan't vanish yet. I had a post about Fergie I was thinking about yesterday and today Google delighted me with their April Fool's post. More later this week, I promise.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home