Thursday, April 24, 2008

Why I write fantasy

Because I want the chance to write this sort of sentence, which I did just write for part three of the Kitta Chronicles:

I was poking him, taking care to poke him in a new spot so he wouldn't bruise too much when a little monkey wearing a top hat popped out from behind a curtain and gave me a deep bow.


I would probably have to limit that sort of thing if I wrote something else.

On the excellent news front I got an email from Variety saying:

Guillermo del Toro to direct 'Hobbit'
In a major step forward on "The Hobbit," Guillermo del Toro has signed on to direct the New Line-MGM tentpole and its sequel.

The widely expected announcement came Thursday afternoon jointly from exec producers Peter Jackson and Fran Walsh, New Line president Toby Emmerich and Mary Parent, the newly named chief of MGM's Worldwide Motion Picture Group.


I'm so excited! I would do a cartwheel if I had any sense of balance left.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home