Thursday, July 03, 2008

Cable out again

My cable was out again last night, which may have been a good thing as I was weirdly spellbound by the terrible Violet Blue thread over at BoingBoing. The comment trail, which is around 1400 comments at the time of this post, has numerous examples of how not to communicate.

The loaded language is so prevalent as to make the entire thing actually painful to read. You can tell people aren't listening when they start throwing these kinds of terms around:

You people

Handwringing

Hand waving

kerfluffle

Get some sun

I'm so bored

obsessing

owe you nothing

crybabies

screaming

And I could go on but it's depressing. It's even more depressing to see people I used to respect behaving so badly I wondered if someone had stolen their passwords.

Not activating my password when I registered a year or so ago was obviously the right move.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home