Friday, January 16, 2009

Rereading old favorites

I read The Monkey's Paw when I was young teen, maybe even when I was eleven or twelve. I remember being horrified by the details of the poor son's experiences. Today I read the story to Cam and was shocked to discover how few details are in the story. The rest was apparently all in my head. If you haven't reading it awhile you might want to take it for another spin.

http://www.classicshorts.com/stories/paw.html

"I wish for two hundred pounds," said the old man distinctly.

A fine crash from the piano greeted the words, interrupted by a shuddering cry from the old man. His wife and son ran toward him.

"It moved," he cried, with a glance of disgust at the object as it lay on the floor. "As I wished, it twisted in my hand like a snake."

"Well, I don't see the money," said his son, as he picked it up and placed it on the table, "and I bet I never shall.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home