Wednesday, January 14, 2009

The silicon chip inside his head

A couple of years ago I wrote a column comparing Dexter from Dexter to House, from House, MD. I was pointing out their similarities and how much of House's behavior could be classified as sociopathic. (I got some angry email from readers who said I just didn't understand him and that he was a deeply caring man.)

With that in mind I find it particularly odd that Fox is using the Boomtown Rats' song I Don't Like Mondays in the new House ad campaign. Do they assume most viewers aren't familiar with the song or the incident that the song is about? It's hard for me to imagine any TV network using a song about the Columbine massacre as part of a campaign. I just don't get it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0qNGYxUwmU

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home