Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Dear Twitter Please Fix Your @ Replies

Dear Twitter,

Your upgrade today is taking away a huge percentage of what makes Twitter fun. I didn't join to follow more than one hundred people; I joined to follow one person, who led me to others, who led me to still more people.

Just today I gave someone fashion advice that was useful. She wasn't speaking to me, but I saw her reply to someone else and was able to help her.

I learned about a book giveaway via another reply directed to yet another person and now a book is on its way to me so I can review it for my weekly column.

None of this would have happened if you had already implemented your settings change wherein you removed my ability to see all @ replies of the users I follow.

I would likely still be following just one person and not having anywhere near as much fun.

Please make your new change optional for those of us who feel it hurts our Twitter experience.

Thank you,

@georgianalee

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home