Sunday, December 27, 2009

One size does not fit all

Maybe it's just me being grouchy but I've noticed that many times when someone says "All writers must read this!" or all knitters, or all riders, or everyone who loves Legos, or whatever you want to fill in the blank, I am invariably sorry I clicked the link. It's almost always something that's so boring I can't bear to read it, or even skim it, all the way through. As far as I'm concerned the only thing all writers need to read is Yog's Law.

Money flows toward the writer.


Yep, that's the only thing I think all writers should read. Everything else is completely dependent on the person. What works for one isn't going to work for someone else down the street.

Also when someone says "I don't care who you are, this is funny" you might want to cover your ears. A fart or puke joke is on the way. Or maybe a racist rant. Something that only appeals to a very limited audience is up next so you may want to scram or stop reading if you're online.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home