Saturday, September 18, 2010

Excellent writing tips

This article is about non fiction writing but it certainly applies to fiction as well.

http://chronicle.com/article/10-Tips-on-How-to-Write-Less/124268/

The author has common sense suggestions that don't occur to lots of people. I especially like what he has to say about not writing at the last minute.

I used to write my columns on Thursday night so they'd be ready for Friday morning but I feel quite a bit less stressed now that I try and do 100 - 200 words Monday through Thursday. If I aim for 100 I usually hit 200, which is nice.

In other news I was at Petco today with Mal and Cullen. We saw this super tough looking dude who was cradling a tiny little Min Pin puppy. It was so cute!

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 7:50 AM, Blogger Jamie said...

Great tips I'm new to blogging so will really try to put them into practice for my own blog www.new-daddys.blogspot.com

 
At 7:54 PM, Blogger Georgiana said...

I took a look at your blog. My goodness, you two really went through the wringer with your fiancee's pregnancy. I hope is happy and well now. My best wishes.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home