Friday, December 26, 2003

Sleep Stuff

I just woke up from a really weird dream. Half of the world was normal and half was post apocalyptic.

I was about 16, as I usually am in these dreams, and this tall, thin guy dressed all in black, wearing a stovepipe hat collected me and took me off the crazy part of town with the mutants.

We had to hack into wherever we went. We were always trying to move up one level to something slightly better. I am always dreaming about houses. I wish I'd gotten that dream interpretation book for Christmas.

We had to do odd things to "better ourselves." I was always confused and always doing things that are very hard. Okay something just flew across my room. Very creepy because all the kids are gone and the cats are not in sight.

Then the guy I dream about came in while the other guy was out. He was very nice to me and I could think more clearly while he was there.

I told this dream guy I love him and he was holding me really tight. He's so swoony and very hot if you get my drift.

Then it was like my vision split and I could see the tall thin guy coming back. He was doing a dance through a cemetery. He would twirl around and bend over and do this gawky, compelling dance on each grave and the inhabitant would rise up and perform like a clockwork doll. One of them sat up, put her hands at the side of her face, tilted her head, smiled and then wound herself up.

I knew I had to be gone before he got to me but I was mesmerized by him. I wanted to see what would happen. My fatal flaw I guess. But then again what happens next is what makes me a writer.

I was in the arms of my dream guy, watching the other guy, unable to anything and then the Excellent Keith called and woke me up.

I am kind of disappointed. Maybe I needed to wake up, I don't know but I want to know what happened.

I have died in dreams many times. I've read that people always wake up before they die in dreams but I don't. I've been murdered over and over times in my dreams.

I wonder if I do find out what these dreams mean if I will be let down and crabby.

I am still half asleep. I should go take a bath and get ready to go to Desi's.

I read a story recently that had a scary clockwork boneyard in it. Was it made of bones? Who wrote it and where did I find it?


Sleep in perfect blue buildings by the green apple sea...
Adam F. Duritz

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home