Monday, March 29, 2004

In which I offend someone (big shock)

I got a phone call today from a collection agency. It went round and round and round until I was ready to just hang up. The simple deal is that I had a spinal tap last year when I had meningitis. The radiology office sent me to collections for the amount not covered by my insurance company. My insurance company has a deal with this office so they have to accept the allowed amount.

They were billing me fraudulently for 109.45. I am sure most people would just give in and pay but I am so stubborn I won't do it. After trying and trying to get this person on the phone to say she would look at the explanation of benefits to see that I don't owe this money I said so you're telling me that the radiology office fucked up and I have to pay the price? The woman got really mad at me for cursing her out. I don't think I did. If I said you're a stupid whiny fuckwad that is cursing her out.

She said she was offended by my language. I am offended by someone trying to ruin my credit while they break the law. She might feel a little sting as I express my dissatisfaction but I will feel the larger sting much longer as I pay higher rates for everything because my credit score has dropped for something that is not my fault.

I spent fifteen minutes on the phone with my insurance company, ten more minutes with the radiology office and the charge is now removed from my account but you know the damage is done and I shouldn't have even had to go through any of this so yeah, they fucked up and I was fucked over. I'm just sayin'

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home