Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Step two three four

I was thinking that for me it doesn't matter how big my steps are. It matters that I make them steadily. I am thinking in particular of submitting my writing right now. I could say I submitted a script to a prodco and that is a big step and now I can relax (of course that would be a lie because I didn't) but I think it's more important for me to have a long term goal and to be making small steady steps towards that goal.

I work well when under deadline and I work well when I don't want to let someone down. I've got this friend who basically told me I really ought to sell something and I responded that I do get paid for my work. I do some acting and I do my column and blah de blah but really this friend is quite right. It's kind of silly to have all this work and not sell it.

This week I have been doing some research about various publishers. I rejoined zoetrope.com and I updated my profile and I reviewed a story today. This is in preparation for taking one of my two "graveyard period" stories and workshopping them prior to sending them out.

So that's my physical therapy for the day. Go me.

4 Comments:

At 11:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 10:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 1:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

There are so many people whose friendship, kindness and humour have helped me through this period away from home. ur blog is also a great place to relax. thanxs. bank loans

 
At 5:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was surfing through a few blogs and came across yours and wanted to say
very nice job on the content, so I have bookmarked your site for future
reference. Just in case you are interested I have Renters insurance site. It pretty much covers Renters insurance related stuff.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home