Thursday, January 26, 2006

Most Weird Thing I Noticed While Researching Column

I decided to do this week's column about the 2006 Winter Olympics, sort of focusing on the opening and closing ceremonies. I learned a little about curling, a sport I find vastly entertaining and a little about all sorts of things including the history of the company in charge of the ceremonies.

Here's what I noticed. 2600 athletes will attend. 10,000 accredited media members will attend. Then of course there are all the people like me who are still writing about it but won't attend.

There are three Olympic villages for the athletes and seven for the media.

I'm trying to imagine Little League or Pony Club if the media outweighed the athletes four to one but it's kind of a scary image.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home