Sunday, March 26, 2006

Not food poisoning after all

Chris took me to the ER last night and it turned out I have a virus that I have nicknamed the laying on the bathroom floor virus. Everyone I've talked to that had it ended up on their bathroom floor, pressing their faces against the cool tile, hoping it would help with their fever, intermixed with bouts of intense gastrointestinal distress. The lady who drew my blood said she threw up more than 100 times. That sound ridiculous but I did too, if you figure 24 hours and throwing up every five minutes, you get crazy numbers.

They also all, every last one, thought they were going to die. I tremble to imagine if this thing infected everyone at once. It lasts up to about five days and leaves you weak for a weak or so after. Nobody would be able to go to work. It's insane.

I'm feeling better today, I've only thrown up three times. What a waste of a beautiful weekend though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home