Monday, June 19, 2006

Intimate Strangers

Cullen and I are watching a French film about a woman who goes to see a psychiatrist but ends up in the tax attorney's office instead. It's quite interesting and I particularly like how all the actors are sort of ordinary looking instead of being these shiny Hollywood beauty types.

Let's see, this week I read my friend James' play, extremely good, funny and morbid.

I read Only You Can Save Mankind by Terry Pratchett - also very good and written on many levels with some excellent subtle commentary on the first Gulf war.

Then Reaper Man by Terry Pratchett, very funny and touching, the ending made me cry.

I read quite a few graphic novels, some so so and one that was good called the Yellow Jar. The graphics are in the style of Japanese woodcuts.

Cameron left to go on a trip with his dad, he'll be back towards the beginning of August. Seven weeks in a motor home with his dad, his dad's girlfriend, his dad's girlfriend's mother, his dad's girlfriend's grandniece and two dogs. Sounds like heaven on earth doesn't it? They'll be visiting NC, FL, AL, NM, WA and Alaska. I'm hoping they plan to travel through some other states along the way, I'm just saying.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home