Friday, August 10, 2007

Cullen comes home very soon

In fact he should be on a plane right about now I believe.

I had some awesomely enlightened things to say but forgot them all.

However I think this is pretty neato. I have a character in the Gabriel books called Catalina. Yesterday I typed her name as Cataline and thought that sounded really nice. But you never know what sort of unsavory person might have a name so I did a Google search and found this amazing mule packer called Cataline.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cataline

This is my favorite part.

One of the best stories about him involves a loan that he had to make after a fatal disease had killed several of his mules. The bank manager questioned Cataline's collateral, wondering how many mules and horses he owned before consenting to lend him the money. When Cataline returned to the bank in the fall to repay the debt, he counted out the exact amount owing and paid it in full. The bank manager noted that Cataline had more money on his person and suggested that he deposit it in the bank. Cataline responded with a query as to how many horses and mules the bank owned, and upon learning it was none, decided to keep his money.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home