Thursday, November 08, 2007

NaNoWriMo Write In

I went to a write in last night, which was kind of cool. I was surprised by how many people use bookstore coffee shops as meeting houses. There were at least three sets of committees making plans and what looked like a couple of small businesses. It's free for the participants and good for the bookstores so why not?

The gentleman sitting next to me is writing a steam punk book, always awesome, and goes to swing dance in Baltimore every Monday night. He said I should give it a whirl. (heh, he had more class than to actually use the word whirl.) There are free lessons before the actual dancing. I think he said they need more women, which surprised me because usually I hear women complaining that men don't dance enough.

That's how my dad met my stepmother. At some kind of West Coast Swing shindig. That was more than twenty years ago. Golly, could be going on 25. ymmv

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home