Sunday, November 11, 2007

Reading marathon

I wrote 4200 words this weekend, putting me up to 20 grand in total, then I spent the rest of the weekend reading.

I read Obsidian Butterfly, far and away the best, least annoying Anita Blake book. If only all of them could be this caliber.

Then I read Scott Westerfeld's The Last Days, which I had started earlier in the week when foolish Cam set it down for a second. He snatched it back when I was on page 64 so I had to wait to see what was going to happen. It was fexcellent. The beginning is gripping - a boy is walking home and a girl throws a guitar out the window, but not just any guitar, a very special Strat. Another girl helps him catch it and they click and she joins his band. Meanwhile the world is disintegrating around them...

Then I read the same author's Extras, the next book in the amazing Uglies series. Cam was less taken with Extras but I loved it. A worthy successor. If you're not reading Scott Westerfeld you're doing yourself a disservice.

And now I am going to jump into Johnny and the Dead, the second book in the trilogy by Terry Pratchett.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home