Thursday, December 20, 2007

Fight to get anything done

I had one of those days where you try to do things but none of them work. Every thing in my to do list was a no go because of something else that went wrong, or someone didn't return my call. And I missed a dentist appointment. I thought my card said Jan but I guess it's old and actually says Jun. And that's why numbers are a better bet for someone like me, although heavens knows I could find some way to mess those up also.

Finished my column, which isn't due until Friday, so that was good. It was surprisingly difficult, maybe because I had a hard time settling down to just a few books to talk about.

I did twenty pages of the Gabriel rewrite. Yesterday I realized I was way too damn tired to do anything properly. I was reading the words and thinking they were stilted or whatever but I didn't care, thinking I would fix them later. But fix it time is now so I closed out the file and did the editing first thing today, well first thing after all the botched paperwork.

Now I'm trying to knock out my five hundred words for the Stork book, which is nothing but seems impossible. My characters are trying to get through a hole in the wall just big enough for their bee guide. They are strictly forbidden to eat or drink anything with eat or drink me written on it so they're kind of stuck. I need to get them through the wall and up to the roof where they will discover their transport has been stolen. But since their transport is guarded by a bunch of bees how would someone make off with it? That's the question and maybe why I'm kind of stuck myself...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home