Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Psych!

Snow due tomorrow/today and no groceries, no gas for the car, checks needed to be cashed, rats need new bedding and food and Cam needs new shoes because the sole peeled off his shoe. So bundle everyone up and off into the frigid weather. Get to the credit union and I don't have my debit card (I think Chris has it) so I couldn't deposit my check. By the time we got done with shoes Trader Joes was closed so no shopping there. Then I stopped at Pizza Hut to pick up dinner and they forgot to make Cam's food and ended up fixed it for free but goofed and made doubles of what Cullen ordered and still no food for Cam. Finally got home just in time for Cam to eat and go to bed.

It's hard to buy shoes for Cul and Cam because they have wide feet. Mine are wide through the ball of the foot and narrow in the heel so when I was training for the AIDS marathon my shoes were slipping and making my heels bleed like mad.

New Balance works the best for our shape feet so we went to the store by the credit union that carries them and I asked someone to help Cam make sure his shoes fit. Then I decided to see if they had any in my size - they never do because I have enormous feet and they only have these tiny little cheerleading shoes smaller than my hand but I took the chance and asked a guy that worked there if he would like to help me. Not in a snotty way but in a "I know you're closing and you might not want to help me" sort of way. He shook his head and said he'd rather not then said, "PSYCH!" First time someone has said that to me in years and years.

The first pair he found for me were really stiff in the heel and rubbed but he spent a lot of time and found some that were super soft and comfortable. After wearing the same shoes for six years these new ones are like walking on clouds. Bliss!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home