Monday, December 17, 2007

Two fixed one broken

We had to send our Wii and Cullen's Xbox 360 in to the repair shops because they were making too much noise. The Wii had this awful high pitched noise that gave me a headache if we tried to play a game on disc and the Xbox was just super, super loud, so loud that I couldn't stand for Cullen to play it when he was downstairs and I was upstairs. Then it started freaking out when he was trying to save data, freezing or shutting down, I forget which.

When I called Microsoft the CSR tried to convince me the Xbox is just naturally loud and we would have to deal with it, which annoyed me because it cost Cullen a great deal of money, but he eventually gave in and had us ship it back.

While the machines were gone I was a little antsy because this illness I have does make me more sensitive to noise; a noise that someone else might not notice can give me a raging headache or maybe even make me throw up. So I was a little worried, what if it was just me? What are the chances of getting two bad consoles from completely different companies?

But then Cullen got a package from Microsoft and it turned out to be a brand new Xbox 360. The old one, which was only a couple of weeks old, was in such bad shape that replacing it was the best option.

Then we got the Wii back along with a note saying they'd replaced the disc drive mechanism. So yeah, I'm sensitive but also stuff was really wrong.

Sadly yesterday we had a small power failure that occurred while Cam was defraging his Compaq and the computer reset to its just shipped status. All of his data was gone. Luckily he was using Google docs to do his homework so his project due on Thursday is safe. God bless Uncle Google.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home