Sunday, February 17, 2008

Scrapping yet another ending to the Stork Situation

I've decided the ending isn't working again and I'm going back another twenty pages or so, to the spot where my adventurers cross back into our world. The problem is I'm not quite sure how to handle their time away. In some books, some very famous, this is neatly solved by no time at all passing while the protagonists were elsewhere. In others hundreds of years have passed, which also kind of solves the problem because there's nobody left to ground you. But if you've gone maybe a week, all hell will have broken loose.

I think I've finally figured out how things work and I may actually be able to finish this thing, or the first draft anyway, which is far more first drafty than my usual work.

It's possible that I'm having trouble with it because I'm not sure what to tackle next. For the last five or six projects I knew exactly what to work on next, sometimes even starting overlapping projects, and began the new project the day after I finished the old, but now, I'm just not sure.

Maybe I need, I don't know, a vacation??

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home