Sunday, April 06, 2008

Totally confused by this

George Clooney apparently went financial core with the WGA over Leatherheads. I knew something was up when I was researching Smorgasbord, the new kol I write for BU because clooneystudio.com says this:

George Clooney's Involvement

George serves as director and co-star. George Clooney also re-wrote the script, but the Writers Guild of America denied Clooney a screenplay credit.


I've spoken to several people who have had disagreements with the WGA over credits but this is the first time I've heard of someone going fi core over it. I thought fi core was specifically for people who are going to starve to death if they don't take a crappy non union deal, something that has never really made sense to me because union work pays better, but I digress. Why would George Clooney, who I believe takes home a hefty paycheck go fi core? So strange.

I'd like to hear more about this.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 8:59 AM, Blogger Ada [The Duchess] said...

Maybe he's doing it for the principle of the matter. If you're an artist (which he is, and I am...so I can see where he might be coming from), he wants to be respected as one. Perhaps he sees it as a disrespect to him. If he was solely a writer would they be giving him a hard time? If he was solely a directer/writer would they be? Sure he has a lot of money, but something tells me this isn't money. He seems to care a lot about the work he does and how people respond to it. If he put all his time and effort into it, why can't he get the credit for it? I'm sure many actor/writers, or director/writers/actors would agree.

Personally, I just write fiction!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home