Wednesday, April 22, 2009

A well meant gesture but...

When I was a little kid I thought I had no imagination at all. I spent my days dreaming about the big black horse that carried me everywhere and the giant lion that padded along next to me, protecting me from anyone that bothered me, but because I couldn't see animals in clouds I was convinced I had zero imagination. I used to be baffled because I was always in trouble at school for daydreaming and letting my imagination run away with me. Which brings us to today.

We got a package from my vet's office. It was a copy of a rainbow bridge poem, which you may have seen elsewhere. But there was also something else.

You know those casts that little kids make of their hands in preschool? It was like that. But of Titan's paw print. And his name across the top.

I'm sure it's supposed to be a sweet keepsake but it gave me the willies. Did they make the cast after he died? While he was extremely ill, hooked up to his little IV? At this point in my wonderings I get dizzy and have to stop thinking about it.

I'm guessing it's not really his foot. It's some random foot that comes in bulk and you just add the cat's name. Or something. But it still freaked me out.

I feel bad that I'm not more appreciative. My vet's office went to a lot of trouble and how do I react? I'm a terrible person.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home