Sunday, May 24, 2009

Interesting anxiety dream

I had a new twist on an old theme last night. You've got your classic anxiety dreams about being naked where you shouldn't, being unprepared, being chased, things like that. This dream was no doubt brought on by our recent plumbing problems.

In this dream I was babysitting for two children, a boy and a girl. It was raining pretty heavily. Everything was going fine until the water started to rise very quickly. It came up the steps and was starting to lap at the top step going into the front door when I got very nervous. I had the kids get their things, their teddy bear and their doll, etc, and stand on the stairs going up to the second floor, ready to run up. (The house was on a hill so it was already the tallest thing around, we couldn't safely go for higher ground.)

Then I looked around, trying to figure out what was most important to the parents. What in all of the family photos, trinkets, papers on the table, etc. should I try and save? Then I looked at the kids, who were fidgeting, and it was all clear. The kids were the most important things. Nothing else really mattered. So I got them up the stairs and eventually up on the roof and we waited.

It's nice to experience a little clarity now and then.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home