Saturday, April 24, 2010

Classic

An author posted shitty reviews of his colleagues' books on Amazon and praised his own. http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/8641515.stm I can't tell you how many times I've seen the same behavior at my job.

Some schmoe will come onto the boards and trash company A while saying company X is totally fawesome. He'll say he used company X for these deals nobody else could do, blah blah blah, and of course he actually owns company X. Sometimes he'll get five or six usernames all pretending to be clients of his company then freak out when he gets banned for violating our Rules of Conduct.

In the article the historian first pretended his wife wrote the reviews, which is another tactic I've seen from people who got caught. "I didn't write those post! My secretary did!" Or "My wife did!" It's ridiculous.

Even if either of those statements are true your wife and or secretary aren't exactly clients are they? Honestly, it boggles the mind.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home