Saturday, June 14, 2003

Natty Dreads Day 1

I went out dreaded my hair today. Then I drove around to five stores looking for locking spray. The stuff I got smells good and it's supposed to be made by actual Rastas, but is it really locking spray? I am not convinced.

Right now my hair is gooey. The beeswax has not dried yet. I think I'm going to be in love with my locs, if I can get them to work. I need to go back in two weeks and damn I forgot her name, will work on them some more. She says come back every two weeks. Now I have not heard that before. I've heard of getting them done once and then they are your responsibility. I'm going to keep an eye on things and see how they work.

She had a lot of business and everyone who came in seemed to adore her so I think that she's not scamming me, as someone suggested.

Day 1 - locs installed. Told to keep them dry for two weeks. Got stuck in a HUGE downpour. Covered head with fed ex envelope I had in my backpack.

I have two baby locs, really they are twists at this stage, hanging down in the front, over my right eye. They are so cute!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home