Saturday, September 13, 2003

The interconnectedness of things

I'm always noticing the interconnectedness of things. Sometimes they team up and are too much for me for that moment.

Two people I know from PGL have died. One, Natalie Turner died in a bizarre shootout with the police after a struggle with her ex who shot her in the head and then in the neck. She got out, pointed the gun at the park ranger, the trooper and the police office, told them her life was over and to shoot her. And they did.

Her fiance, David, was arrested and put in jail for attempted homicide. The ex was flown to the hospital. I don't know his story. If you want more details you can google them. I hear you can even find video. Do I want to see it? No way.

I found out yesterday that David hung himself in jail.

Then I went to see Chicago. Alan was playing Amos. I didn't know anything about the show. I didn't know that the one innocent woman was hung, I didn't know so many couples killed each other. I didn't know how horrible everyone but the Hungarian woman (my boss is Hungarian) and Amos were.

When they hung the Hungarian woman and I saw the noose I wanted to leave. It was too much for me.

Danny in May of last year. Strike in 2001 or 2002. Spie's accident and the brain dead thing. Nathan's grandmother. cmclippe and his cancer. Cullen's math teacher. Cullen and Cam's grandmother. Natalie and David. Too many Ramones. Joe Strummer. Warren Zevon. Ben Orr.

Obviously some of these deaths affected me more than others. One changed me forever. But I'm thinking at there have been too many in too short of a time. I need a break from death. I know that's not really possible but I want it anyway.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home