Sunday, October 05, 2003

Holy cow, blogger is totally different. I don't know when I last posted because i can't see my last post.

I know it's been awhile and I have a million things I want to talk about but for right now, I was just reading about Roy Horn, you know, the tiger/magic dude who has been performing in Las Vegas since God was a child.

The story on MSN says that Roy was attacked by one of his white tigers and dragged off the stage.

The smart ass, insensitive part of me thinks, yeah, the tiger was just as sick of Siegreid and Roy as the rest of us. Becuase why would the tiger take him offstage unless he thought that Roy just didn't belong there?

I love this quote "The tiger, which weighs about 600 pounds, then lunged at Horn, who tried to beat the animal off with a microphone."

What's your weapon of choice when it comes to tiger maulings? A microphone! Because a) it's so freaking dangerous and b) the audience, who did pay to see the show, perhaps not that show, but a show involving tigers, can get a better audio of the screams and growls and whatnot.

I also see that the MAN has told all 200 odd employees of the show to find another job. Who knew it took over 200 people to put on a magic show with lions and tigers?

Our economy sucketh the big one right now so how the fuck are these people going to find new jobs? Are they getting severence pay?

What's happening to the tiger? He's "quarentined" right now. Then what? I hope he goes to a zoo. I'm afraid he'll be put down.

I know society says I should be all worried about Roy and maybe part of me is but dude has been doing this show since around the time I was born, he does commercials, if he can't work again then he should have some cash socked away and he'll be all right.

If he dies he died from doing what he loved best, right? I don't mean to sound so callous but I think he's in good hands.

But what about the tiger and the former employees? Who's looking out for them?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home