Friday, January 14, 2005

I am Invaded by Rats

When I went to Fiddler's Green I spent every penny I had and some I didn't. It was well worth it to me, of course. I had the most wonderful time and it was something I think I needed to do on many levels.

What I didn't consider was that it wasn't just going to cost money while I was there. You see I came home with a new art lust. One of the many drawbacks of the Pseudotumour is that I have a lot more trouble seeing. When I look at images online sometimes I can't even tell what they are. When I can they just aren't as compelling as they should be.

So when Lisa Snellings made her little Neil rat I resisted it. I thought it was cool and I thought it was even cooler given my great love and respect for rats but I was able to click away from the site although it never really went out of my head.

At Fiddler's Green I got to see on during the auction. It was so much more adorable than I had thought. Plus someone paid an astonishing amount for one so when I saw an artist's proof on eBay I grabbed it.

Did I mention that Lisa is generous as well as an amazing artist? Well she is. She sent me this little fellow also. http://www.lisasnellings.com/giftshop/item_rat_chester.jpg Can I just tell you that I love him and I plan to make him my mascot for my column? Doesn't he look as though he is just pretending to be a jester while really plotting to overthrow the crown? Yeah, I dig him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home