Tuesday, August 02, 2005

I would NEVER watch cartoons!

Last week someone called me on the phone to ask if I had any old clothes to give to charity. It's funny because when I read a book set hundreds of years ago I don't think of people begging for discarded clothes in our time but clearly it's not just still profitable, it's easier than ever. No more need to go door to door asking.

I said yes I had some clothes and they said they would be by tomorrow, calling tonight to remind me.

This morning I got a call from a fellow who was reminding me. I could hear music in the background that I mentally classified as "whacky". I asked him if he was watching cartoons and he got really offended. He said no, he would never watch cartoons, he was watching the Three Stooges. He was really huffy about it and didn't seem to agree with me that the Three Stooges are cartoons, just not animated.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home