Sunday, August 14, 2005

Profanity and good works.

I went to see the Aristocrats last night. It's extremely funny, so funny the guy sitting next to me laughed himself right into my lap. He spent about a quarter of the film sitting in my lap.

It's not just hilarious, it's all about how and why humor works. It's also really nice to see some older comedians talking about the history of comedy in the US. How old is Phyllis Diller anyway? I remember listening to people complain about her when I was a kid, how she wasn't ladylike and how she was too loud. Those are both traits I am proud to say I have acquired for myself.

I cam up with my own version of the joke and planned exactly how I would film it to the enter the contest to be in the DVD but my dreams have been shattered once again because the rules say if you are a member of SAG or AFTRA you can't enter. Why? Am I less funny just because I am a professional? Penn Jillette, I am talking to YOU!

I wrote about the auctions to raise money for the First Amendment Project in my column this week. I wrote a long blog entry about them Friday night but my computer crashed and I am too lazy/disheartened/annoyed to retype it. Go and read my column. I also review (as much as I review anything) three books by Dean Koontz.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home