Saturday, August 06, 2005

Speaking of fun

The one movie I want to see the most is Corpse Bride, Tim Burton's new film. I saw a trailer the first time when we went to see Charlie and the Chocolate Factory and it made me jump up and down and clap my hands. Every time I think about it I smile. I just can't wait. September is going to be the best month ever.

Today was a really great day with lots of laughs. I read The Hedonism Handbook which was quite good and entertaining. John M. Ford said something at Making Light that made me laugh until the neighbors banged on the walls. My friend A. called me and made me laugh until I thought I'd never stop.

In the Handbook it says that laughter stimulates both sides of the brain and it is good for memory among other things. I noticed some months ago that if I am having a particularly rough morning with lots of vomiting and headache pain if I talk to one of my friends and they make me laugh I always feel better. I can't stress enough how much better. It's like getting a shot of morphine or something. Good stuff.

My brother Fred and I are in the planning stages of a new website. This thing should make lots of other people laugh, which is always a Good Thing.

I bought a bunch of books and am quite excited about them. The hardcover 1602, the Mirrormask script book which is shockingly beautiful, V is for Vendetta, Sin City book one, a book of So Doko for Cullen and I preordered Chef on DVD with Lenny Henry for Cul's birthday and the MP3 CD of Lenny Henry reading Anansi Boys. So many treasures I feel faint with excitement.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home