Monday, April 17, 2006

Cats eat rats, get feast

This charming story about how a village in China rewarded 200 cats with a lovely fish feast reminds me of the story of the king who had the mice in his palace. He calls in the cats and they get rid of the mice but then he's overrun with cats so he gets some dogs and then he's overrun with dogs...

In the end he gets some elephants to scare something away and then finally some mice to scare the elephants. He's right back where he started.

I'm not saying these villagers are overrun with cats, I'm just saying they had so many rats because they got rid of the snakes in the field and created an imbalance. The rats when crazy so they got the cats. What next? We'll see I guess.

I really like the idea of thanking the cats with a feast. I like to imagine the cats lolling on silken pillows while they are served, waving their tails lazily and purring like mad.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home