Saturday, May 20, 2006

Barbaro - Saddest Race for Me Since Ruffian and Foolish Pleasure

I'm in shock over Barbaro's injury during the running of today's Preakness. I picked him for the Derby and was rooting for him today. I had just finished saying that he is so beautiful and fit I would love to have him for a dressage horse, but of course that wasn't going to happen in this lifetime. Then he broke from the gate early and I had a terrible feeling his race was over but certainly didn't expect him to get pulled up.

I'm very sad for his jockey. He did everything he could to pull Barbaro up safely but it must really hurt to know that every step your horse is taking is agony.

They were able to keep Barbaro still until the ambulance could get there so at least the injury wasn't exacerbated by him panicking.

I sure hope he can be treated.

I also feel kind of bad for the winner. I just didn't care about the rest of the race.

I find it mildly amusing that the crown prince of Dubai, owner of Bernardini, didn't make it to the race. I can't understand why royalty doesn't want to drive through a crackhead infested neighborhood in Baltimore to watch his horse race...

2 Comments:

At 3:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Super color scheme, I like it! Keep up the good work. Thanks for sharing this wonderful site with us.
»

 
At 7:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi! Just want to say what a nice site. Bye, see you soon.
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home