Sunday, December 23, 2007

I remember frogs

http://www.qwantz.com/archive/001134.html

One time the kids and I had been out at the barn riding our ponies, Whiskers an Arab/Welsh cross I picked up for 450 bucks down south county that eventually won Grand Champion Pleasure Pony and Reserve Grand Champion Pleasure Pony at the same show, and Ginger, a red pony someone picked up at the meat auction and passed on to us for a few years, until darkness fell. It was a little bit rainy, not too bad really, and I finally gathered everyone up and we started home, driving down the very long driveway pretty slowly, when plop, something fell onto my windshield from the tree above. I thought it was a leaf at first but when I looked closer I saw it was a tiny tree frog knocked out by the rain.

I pulled the car over and we saved put it back up in the tree. It was very small, maybe as big as my thumbnail. A surprising yet oddly delightful event.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home