Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Merry Christmas

Santa brought me a failed hard disc. Hooray Santa!! All right, that's a lie. I got the failed hard disc yesterday, not today. It's cast a bit of a pall on everything though. Three years of stuff on that computer, heavens knows what. I sent copies of my latest two books to myself just before it died but I'm thinking about how when Laurell K. Hamilton's hard drive failed all of her fail safes failed too because the disc wasn't actually writing anymore so none of her backups worked. I'm kind of afraid to open my work and see what sort of shape it's in. I'd gotten a serious error right before I sent them and if I had half a brain I would have also sent the second most recent iterations but...

Cam leaves for Alaska tomorrow, to see his dad but also for another reason. A dear friend of his, a German war bride, is very ill in the hospital. which of course is very sad but it's nice for both of them that he's going to get to see her again. We're thinking she was 16 or so when WWII ended; if you do the math and factor in two strokes it's not terribly encouraging.

Other than that, all is well and fabulous in our household. We had a most excellent Christmas morning and may go out to the movies later tonight. Or I might take a nap, always a plum option.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home