Saturday, January 15, 2005

Owl Goingback gets another chance

I read Crota by Owl Goingback today. I didn't like the last book of his that I read but I picked this one up for a quarter so he got another chance. This one won the Bran Stoker award.

It's better than the other one (what was the name of it? I can see the cover and I am sure I talked about it somewhere here) It didn't drive me nuts and bore me much. I very much enjoyed the parts that talk about native culture and the underground city. The parts about the creature killing a bunch of people off one by one were nothing special. Didn't I write a story like that way back in seventh grade? (Yes I did and I don't have any enthusiasm left for this type of work.)

I suppose I'll read another book by him if I find one but I wouldn't go out and look for one. Well maybe his poetry or something.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home