Sunday, January 16, 2005

Spawn the Impaler, what is that and why?

I've been reading comics all day. I have a bunch I bought from eBay that I hadn't been able to read yet because of my eyes. Now I figure I better read them while I still can.

I had three called Spawn the Impaler that came with a lot of Vertigo books I bought. I don't really understand the point. The plot was sort of recycled Bram Stoker's Dracula (and remember my rule, if the name of the author is in the movie title the movie will have very little to do with the book) with a "surprise twist" thrown in at the end. You know what might have been surprising or maybe even interesting? If the chick had been Elizabeth Bathony but I bet McFarlane doesn't think his audience knows who she is. Yeah so that was a total waste of my time.

On the other hand I very much enjoyed the Books of Magic and The Dreaming books I read today. Some of them were brilliant and they were all captivating. I had no idea the corinthian had been brought back again. I was avoiding the Dreaming for a long time because it seemed to just focus on Cain and Abel and they get so old so quick. I don't know how they stand being themselves and never changing.

The Dreaming is so much more though and I'd like to get hold of the issues I don't have, which is most of them.

I have always steered clear of Hellblazer because I thought it was from those ghastly films by Clive Barker. It was only today that I remembered those are Hell Raiser. Doh!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home