Friday, April 04, 2003

I've been working on Angels in Black Suits. It's different from my usual work. I generally have some idea where my story is going. In fact I sometimes have the last line first.

But this story. I don't know. All I had to begin with was this idea that the guy who gave me a free ticket to Disneyland was an Angel. In a black suit.

And then it got stranger and stranger. Now everyone who has seen the first few paragraphs are saying things like "What are the hoses for?" "I need to know about the uniform!" "What does the dad do?" "What's up with the baby?" "What is the first Angel trying to stop? Will he stop it?"

I say don't worry, I won't leave you hanging.

I'm hanging. I don't have a clue. Maybe an inkling. I know what's going to happen for the next two pages. Or I did last night. I did two pages today. Now I have this new character and I like her and I don't want her to die. I know what should happen to her but have I got the ovararios to do it to her? I don't know.

I've had scripts go off in a different direction than I thought they would. A character who was meant to be supporting became much more important but I've never had a rom/com turn into a horror script before. Not that this is a script. Or at least it isn't right now. It could turn into a Sci Fi Channel mini series by the time it's done with me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home